No one would blame you for living on this Air Fryer Vegan Mozzarella Buffalo Chicken Salad for weeks on end; it’s SO GOOD! It’s high in both protein and flavour. Plus super quick and easy to throw together.
Video tutorial for Air Fryer Vegan Mozzarella Buffalo Chicken Salad
Tutorial starts at 12:41
Why you’ll love this Air Fryer Vegan Mozzarella Buffalo Chicken Salad
Spicy Buffalo sauce-infused soy curls on refreshing salad doused in vegan mozzarella sauce? AND you can make it in less than 20 minutes? What’s NOT to love?
This recipe is:
- high in protein with 24g,
- high in fiber with 10g,
- low in carbs with only 16.7 net carbs, and
- perfectly portioned for one!
Printable recipe for Vegan Mozzarella Buffalo Chicken Salad
Vegan Mozzarella Buffalo Chicken Salad
Fresh crispy salad topped with saucy Buffalo Chicken-flavoured soy curls and melty vegan mozzarella.
for Buffalo "Chicken"
- 2 oz Soy Curls
- 3 tbsp Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- dash of salt
- 1 tbsp vegan butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp monkfruit and erythritol sweetener (like Lakanto)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic and onion powder to taste
- 3 tbsp vegan mozzarella shreds
- 1 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 1 green onion
- 1/8 tsp dried parsley
- Soak soy curls in hot water to rehydrate for about 5 minutes.* When they are fully tender, rinse with cold water and squeeze to remove excess water. Repeat rinsing and squeezing once or twice. Preheat your airfryer or oven to (400°F)
- To the soy curls, add hot sauce, garlic, onion powder, nutritional yeast and salt. Mix well and then transfer to pre-heated airfryer basket. Airfry for 8 minutes at 400°F. For the oven, bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop green onion and set aside. In a salad bowl, combine lettuce with lemon juice, olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste. Separately, combine vegan mozzarella with plain plant-based milk and microwave using 15 second intervals until cheese is melted. Stir to create a sauce.
- When the soy curls are crispy, transfer to a bowl Add melted butter and sweetener and stir well. Add to the salad and drizzle with vegan mozzarella sauce. Top with green onions and dried parsley and enjoy!
*Soaking and rinsing soy curls removes some of the loose particles and improves the final texture of the soy curls so don't skip this step!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 31gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1353mgCarbohydrates: 27.2gNet Carbohydrates: 16.7gFiber: 10.4gSugar: 4.7gProtein: 24.3g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.