I came up with this garlicky, spicy sauce to give my vegan salad rolls some protein, without resorting to tofu. Turns out, it’s also great on pita, as a dip for veggies, or as sandwich spread. It is really simple, easy to make, and takes only about 5 minutes to complete. I hope you try it!
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked and rinsed
- 1 tbs smooth organic peanut butter
- 1 tbs chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (Get it in the Mexican foods section of your grocery store)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbs olive oil or other neutral-tasting vegetable oil that you have on hand
- juice from 1-2 lemon wedges
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients, except for the salt and pepper. Using a stick blender, puree all the ingredients together until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste, again using the stick blender to combine.
BOOM. Done. Didn’t I tell you it’d be easy?
[…] crunchy vegetables. Plus, you can make them with virtually any veggies you have on hand. The Chipotle Chickpea Peanut Spread gives these salad rolls a protein […]
[…] more ideas for fillings, check out my chipotle spicy peanut spread , my recipe Spicy Peanut Salad Rolls, or my recent write up all about Vietnamese salad rolls (aka […]