The Vegan Avocado Chickpea Pasta Salad recipe is the easiest crowd-pleasing dish that will satisfy both vegans and non-vegans. Pick ripe avocado to make this pasta salad creamy and delicious without adding mayo. Plus, the good-fat avocado and protein-rich chickpeas will help keep you full too!
Printable Recipe for Vegan Avocado Chickpea Salad
- 2 cups cooked rotini, or your favourite pasta shape (use gluten-free if you like)
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 sprigs of dill weed, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, rinsed thoroughly and drained well
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. You can serve right away or store in the fridge for up to two days.
If you're cooking your pasta from dried, use 1 cup of dry rotini. Cook according to package instructions, then drain well. Rinse well with cold water, drain again and store until you're ready to make this salad.
Serving Size:1 half cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 151mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.