Vegan shamrock shake just in time for St. Patrick’s Day! This vegan peppermint “milkshake” is actually pretty healthy! I used frozen almond milk blended with avocado to get that minty green color and smooth ice cream-y texture. Click here to skip the ramble and go straight to the recipe
Video Tutorial for Vegan Shamrock Shake
The first time I attempted making vegan shamrock shake, I made a huge mess and a gross tasting drink. I thought up the recipe as I was going to bed one night. Greens for the green, mint extract and vanilla soy ice cream, I thought. What could go wrong? Well lemme tell you, it was gross and a huge waste of vegan ice cream. I used spinach, and while it’s usually great for green smoothies, it was terrible with the vanilla soy ice cream I had bought.
I NEEDED to film SOME sort of video for my YouTube channel so I made a second attempt with stuff I already had in the fridge. Avocado. Almond Milk. Perfect! Avocado blended with Almond milk made this airy, rich, luscious cream base. A touch of mint and sweetness and it was perfect!
Printable recipe for Vegan Shamrock Shake
Vegan Shamrock Shake
A sort of healthy, deliciously indulgent, vegan Shamrock Shake. Made with almond milk and avocado.
- 2 cups Vanilla Almond Milk, divided (any plant-based milk with a sweet vanilla flavour will work)
- 1 avocado
- 1 teaspoon mint extract (adjust to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sugar or vegan sweetener of choice (adjust to taste)
- Blend ONE cup of almond milk with the avocado until smooth.
- Add mint extract and sweetener, adjusting for taste. You may taste the avocado a bit at this point, but it will lessen after freezing.
- Pour mixture into an ice cube tray.
- Freeze for five hours or overnight.
- Combine cubes and the remaining cup of almond milk until desired consistency.
- Garnish with crushed Oreos or your fave vegan chocolate sandwich cookie and enjoy!
Vanilla almond milk varies greatly in flavour and body from brand to brand. Two brands that have a rich texture and good vanilla-almond flavour are Earth's Own Vanilla Milk and Natura Vanilla Almond Milk.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 336Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 8gSugar: 36gProtein: 3g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.
I might give this a try. I’ve been wanting to add more avocado into my diet somehow. Thanks for the idea!