This plant-based avocado tartar sauce is so easy to make, but way more nutritious than the regular stuff; it’s actually GOOD for you! It’s perfect on Okara “Fishless” burgers, on Gardein Fishless Filets (my fave fave fave), or anywhere you want some creamy, tangy, deliciousness.
Video Tutorial for Vegan Avocado Tartar Sauce
Avocados are rich in vitamins (like folate, B6, C, and K) and minerals (like copper and potassium), not to mention the healthy fats. Besides that, they just taste great; they are my favourite creamy base for savory sauces. Check out this recipe for avocado alfredo sauce.
I came up with this recipe one day when I ran out of vegan Tartar sauce (by Earth Island/Follow Your Heart). There wasn’t much thought that went into it, but then, tartar sauce itself it pretty simple anyway.
Here are some other recipes that I’ve posted with avocado:
Printable Recipe for Vegan Avocado Tartar Sauce
- 1/2 avocado (about 1/2 cup's worth) [118cc]
- juice from half a lemon (about 1 1/2 tablespoons) [45ml]
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet relish [15ml]
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder [2.5cc]
- Mash together all ingredients until desired smoothness is reached.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.