This vegan hot dog scramble wrap is delicious, satisfying, and super quick to make. It might conjure up childhood breakfast memories but it’s perfect for an adult appetite especially with creamy avocado, mayo drizzle and salsa – spicy heat optional.
Video tutorial for Vegan Hot Dog Scramble Wrap for One
Making a Hot Dog Scramble Vegan
These days, the main ingredients in a hot dog scramble are fairly easy to replace with their commercially-available vegan counterparts. But in this version, I like to use soft or medium-firm tofu. Tofu is still more affordable than liquid vegan egg products and I tend to keep it stocked in the fridge at all times.
Use any vegan hot dogs or sausage that you enjoy. Personally, my favourite for years has been Field Roast’s Classic Frankfurters. On the other hand, many people tell me the Stadium Dogs are even better. Sadly, I have yet to find them in my usual grocery stores.
Making it Vegan Keto
As you might know, eating a diet that helps me stay in ketosis has been helpful for reducing my chronic tendonitis symptoms. So while I may not always follow a keto diet, I like to have vegan keto recipes and substitutions up my sleeve in case of a flare-up.
I made this Vegan Hot Dog Scramble Wrap keto for that reason. And it’s SO GOOD! Lucky for me, my local Save-On-Foods makes keto-friendly tortillas available from their in-store bakery. It has only 1 gram of net carbs per wrap so it’s easy to use that instead of a regular soft tortilla.
Vegan hot dogs are often keto-friendly as well, including my favourite Classic Frankfurters from Field Roast. Then, without adding excessive additional fat in a weird way, the macros turn out vegan-keto friendly when you include the nutritious avocado and tasty vegan mayo.
If you’re using the nutrition information from this recipe, please keep in mind that I’m using the products mentioned above for the calculation.
Printable Recipe for Vegan Hot Dog Scramble Wrap for One
- 1 keto tortilla (or tortilla of choice)
- 5.29 oz Organic Soft Tofu (150g)
- pinch of turmeric
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of black salt (kala namak)
- 1 vegan hot dog, sliced 1/4"
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 75g ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp salsa
- Over medium high heat on a non-stick pan, break up the soft tofu and let the excess water cook out. When there's very little water left, turn off the heat and add the seasonings and mix well.
- Push the scramble to the side, add the hot dog slices and turn the heat back on. Optionally add a touch of olive oil to help with browning. Cook both sides of the slices until browned as you would like.
- Mash the avocado on to the tortilla wrap and spread evenly. Season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste. Add the vegan hot dog scramble and top with a mayo drizzle and salsa.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 625Total Fat: 46.8gSaturated Fat: 7.1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12.4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1017mgCarbohydrates: 23.6gNet Carbohydrates: 4.7gFiber: 18.9gSugar: 3.5gProtein: 35.4g