This Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce is so simple with only two ingredients. I made it to add depth to an upcoming vegan ‘chicken’ shwarma recipe but it’s really fantastic for all sorts of dishes. Add a bit of salt and this creamy oil-free sauce is super tasty for making garlic bread/toast, mixed into pasta or added into pizza sauce too!
Video Tutorial for Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce
Why you’ll LOVE this Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce
- super easy to make, only 5 minutes of active time
- affordable using only garlic and lemon
- flavourful even without any extra seasonings but totally customizable to your taste
How to Make Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce
First step is to roast three bulbs of garlic. I like to peel the cloves and simply wrap them up in a parchment paper bundle. This save you the hassle of squeezing out the garlic from the peels later. Then pop the packet of garlic cloves in an oven heated to 400°F and bake for 40 minutes. Afterwards, you should have about 1/2 cup of soft, roasted garlic cloves.
Then blend the roasted garlic with the juice from one large lemon (about 1/4 cup or 60ml) until the sauce is completely smooth. That’s it! Add salt if you like. However, I like to keep it plain so it’s more versatile and I can add it to anything without the chance of making things too salty.
Please let me know what you’d use this Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce for in the comments! And if you try this recipe, please leave a review. It really helps so much!
Printable recipe for Lemon Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 3 bulbs garlic
- juice from one large lemon (about 1/4 cup or 60ml)
- Wrap garlic in parchment paper and bake @ 400°F (205°C) for 40 minutes. Turn off heat and let garlic sit for another half hour. You should have about 100ml (almost 1/2 cup) of roasted garlic.
- Blend roasted garlic with lemon juice until smooth.
- Add salt to taste if desired.
Feel free to multiply this recipe with additional bulbs of garlic and lemon.
Serving Size:1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 21Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 18mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 0g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.