I’m kind of in love with Korean BBQ sauce. This roasted vegetable and chickpea rice bowl is so delicious with this salty, sweet, and tangy sauce that I’ve been having it for several nights in a row. Which is fine by me because it’s also packed full of protein, fiber, and antioxidants. And best of all, it’s super easy and quick to put together.
Click here for the printable recipe.
Pin this Rice Bowl Idea for later.
Healthy Vegan Recipes + New Vegan Snacks // What I Ate #89
Watch me make this recipe at 7:18.
I love chickpeas but I love them even more when there’s something creamy to go with it. Enter the avocado. The other toppings on this bowl are highly recommended: fresh cut lime, scallions, crispy nori strips made from oven-crisped nori, and Sriracha -flavoured cashews.
The best part of this Korean BBQ sheet pan rice bowl recipe is how easy it is to prepare. Start the rice on the stove or rice cooker, then toss frozen vegetables and cooked chickpeas on to a baking sheet. Dress them and massage them quickly, then pop them into your oven. During that time, you can slice up your avocado, scallions, and prep other toppings. After 30 minutes, everything will be ready to assemble and you’ll have a couple of delicious, healthy, beautiful rice bowls. I hope you give this one a try and tell me what you think!
By the way, I’m going to start sending out newsletters! I’ll be sharing new ideas, giving you a summary of the new posts on the site, and some more personal updates. Let me know if you want to see something specific in there too! Please sign up with the form at the top of the page if you want to see that in your inbox each month. <3
Printable recipe for Roasted Vegetable + Chickpea Rice Bowl with Korean BBQ Sauce
Roasted Vegetable + Chickpea Rice Bowl with Korean BBQ Sauce
This roasted vegetable and chickpea rice bowl with Korean BBQ sauce is so deliciously salty, sweet, and tangy! It's also high-protein, full of fibre, antioxidants and other nutrients that will make you feel great!
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or grain of choice*
For the sheet pan
- 3 cups frozen mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or bean(s) of choice
- 2 tablespoons Korean BBQ Sauce, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- big pinch of white pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 - 3 lime wedges
- 1 scallion, chopped
- crispy nori strips
- Sriracha Cashews
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On a parchement lined baking sheet, combine frozen vegetables and cooked chickpeas. Drizzle with Korean BBQ Sauce and olive oil. Sprinkle on nutritional yeast and white pepper. Massage the vegetables and chickpeas to distribute all the flavour ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Assemble your bowls with rice at the bottom and top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas. Add toppings as desired, squeeze on some lime juice and drizzle with extra sauce. Enjoy!
*Save time by cooking the rice and preparing the toppings while the vegetables and chickpeas are in the oven.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 16gSugar: 13gProtein: 21g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.