I’m kind of in love with Korean BBQ sauce. This roasted vegetable and chickpea rice bowl is so delicious with this salty, sweet, and tangy sauce that I’ve been having it for several nights in a row. Which is fine by me because it’s also packed full of protein, fibre, antioxidants and other nutrients that make me feel great!
Click here for the printable recipe.
Healthy Vegan Recipes + New Vegan Snacks // What I Ate #89
Watch me make this recipe at 7:18.
I love chickpeas but I love them even more when there’s something creamy to go with it. Enter the avocado. The other toppings on this bowl are highly recommended: fresh cut lime, scallions, crispy nori strips made from oven-crisped nori, and Sriracha -flavoured cashews. I recently partnered with Thrive Market, an online members-only shop for premium healthy products at wholesale prices, for a What I Ate video and got to try a bunch of new vegan snacks. That’s how I discovered the Sriracha cashews and added them to my must-have-at-all-times list. If you’re in the US, you can give them a try with a free 30 day free trial, 25% off your first order, and free shipping. Click through to the video and get the discount link in the description there to get the offer.
The best part of this Korean BBQ sheet pan rice bowl recipe is how easy it is to prepare. Start the rice on the stove or rice cooker, then toss frozen vegetables and cooked chickpeas on to a baking sheet. Dress them and massage them quickly, then pop them into your oven. During that time, you can slice up your avocado, scallions, and prep other toppings. After 30 minutes, everything will be ready to assemble and you’ll have a couple of delicious, healthy, beautiful rice bowls. I hope you give this one a try and tell me what you think!
By the way, I’m going to start sending out newsletters! I’ll be sharing new ideas, giving you a summary of the new posts on the site, and some more personal updates. Let me know if you want to see something specific in there too! Please sign up with the form at the top of the page if you want to see that in your inbox each month. <3
Printable recipe for Roasted Vegetable + Chickpea Rice Bowl with Korean BBQ Sauce
Makes 2 - 3 servings.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice or grain of choice*
- 3 cups frozen mix of broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas or bean(s) of choice
- 2 tablespoons Korean BBQ Sauce, plus more for topping
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- big pinch of white pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 - 3 lime wedges
- 1 scallion, chopped
- crispy nori strips
- Sriracha Cashews
- Korean BBQ Sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F. On a parchement lined baking sheet, combine frozen vegetables and cooked chickpeas. Drizzle with Korean BBQ Sauce and olive oil. Sprinkle on nutritional yeast and white pepper. Massage the vegetables and chickpeas to distribute all the flavour ingredients. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway.
- Assemble your bowls with rice at the bottom and top with roasted vegetables and chickpeas. Add toppings as desired, squeeze on some lime juice and drizzle with extra sauce. Enjoy!
- *Save time by cooking the rice and preparing the toppings while the vegetables and chickpeas are in the oven.