Creamy banana ice cream with tangy raspberry sauce is perfectly refreshing for hot summer days. Naturally sweetened with dates, this is a whole food dessert that you can feel great about! I use a ordinary $40 blender, so rest assured you don’t need a high powered Vitamix or Blendtec for this.
Video Tutorial for Vegan Banana Raspberry Parfait
Printable recipe for Vegan Banana Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce
- 3 large ripe bananas, chopped and frozen
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups frozen raspberries
- 3/4 cup pitted dates soaked in 1/4 cup water
- Your choice of crunchy granola or other toppings
- Extra banana and raspberry pieces if desired
- Make sure to remove all pits from the dates. Soak the dates in water until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pulse the frozen bananas along with the vanilla extract until creamy. Do not overblend. You may need to stop the blender periodically to push the bananas towards the blades. Be sure to wait until the blades have stopped moving before removing the lid and using a spatula. If necessary, add a small amount of plant-based milk to help the blender along; just a a couple tablespoons of liquid at a time. Avoid adding too much or you'll make a smoothie. I did not use any additional liquid in this video.
- Transfer the banana sorbet to a bowl or other container and let it sit in the freezer while you prepare the raspberry sauce.
- Strain the water from the dates and blend them with the raspberries until smooth. You may need to stop the blender to push the mixture down towards the blades. As before, be sure to wait until the blades have stopped moving before removing the blender lid.
- Scoop the banana sorbet and raspberry sauce into glasses or bowls, layering with your choice of toppings.
- Serve immediately.
- If you don't have use dates to use as a sweetener, you can leave them out for a super tangy raspberry sauce or use any other sweetener you like. Just add enough for your tastes.