This Lemongrass Tofu for one is seriously addicting and made just for you. Pan-fried pressed tofu flavoured with bright lemongrass paste, garlic and sweet onions makes a delicious protein dish that’s wonderful to serve for dinner alongside rice or noodles, eaten on it’s own as a snack, or stuffed into sandwiches or lettuce wraps. Try it with my green onion noodles!
What I Ate Wednesday 108: Vegan Breakfast Patties and Lemongrass Pressed Tofu
Printable recipe for Lemongrass Pressed Tofu for One
- 7oz pressed tofu, sliced ¼” thick (200g)
- ½ cup chopped green onions (40g)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder (or 1 tsp minced garlic)
deglazing sauce (mix together)
- 1 tablespoon Shaoxing wine (broth or water is OK too)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar or sweetener
- ⅛ teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. When it’s hot, add green onions, lemongrass, ginger and garlic. Sauté 5 minutes; adjust heat to avoid burning aromatics.
- Push sautéed onions to the side, squeezing against the side of the pan to release the oil. Adjust heat to medium-high and place tofu and cook until the bottom is well browned; about 2 minutes per side.
- Afterwards, pour the deglazing sauce (Shaoxing wine or broth, soy sauce, sugar or sweetener and white pepper) over the tofu. Turn off the heat and fold everything together until the liquid has been absorbed. Enjoy immediately!
To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free tamari in place of regular soy sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 894mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 8gProtein: 22g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.