What do you do when you need vegan yogurt but you don’t have time to make it and you don’t want to go outside and buy some? You cheat with probiotic foods that you already have in your fridge! At least, that’s what I did when I wanted a creamy cooling dip to go with my fresh and spicy gochugaru dip to go with the BEST vegan fried chicken (ever).
Sauerkraut is such a versatile ingredient. It’s naturally fermented so it contains lots of lactic acid. Combined with silken tofu, it makes a great savory yogurt alternative in dips and sauces. Add some onion, garlic and dill, and you’ve got an instant yogurty dip that goes great with vegan fried chicken, on grilled veggies and kabob, or vegan chicken shwarma. You’ll just need a blender and a few minutes.
Instant Yogurty Dill Dip
- 6oz silken tofu (1/2 package extra firm Mori-nu brand)
- 1/4 cup sauerkraut (do not drain)
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch of dried dill
- Blend until smooth. Add extra sauerkraut juice if needed.