Tender noodles and vegetables swimming in this creamy coconut broth flavoured with salty and savoury miso paste make the perfect warming bowl of soup for a chilly day. This coconut miso noodle soup is a one-pot vegan meal that takes only 20 minutes to make.
By the way, I’m going to start sending out newsletters! I’ll be sharing new ideas, giving you a summary of the new posts on the site, and some more personal updates. Let me know if you want to see something specific in there too! Please sign up with the form at the top of the page if you want to see that in your inbox each month. <3
Healthy Vegan Recipes + New Vegan Snacks // What I Ate #89
Watch me make this recipe at 5:53.
More noodle recipes:
Printable recipe for Coconut Miso Noodle Soup
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups frozen mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 3 cups bok choy, leaves separated and sliced lengthwise
- 6 - 8 cups vegetable broth
- 3.5 oz (100g) uncooked spaghettini or your choice of pasta
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (skimmed from a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons miso paste
- Saute shallots and garlic in coconut oil over medium high heat for one minute or until the shallots turn translucent. Add tomato paste and cook while stirring for a couple minutes until it thickens and becomes fragrant.
- Add vegetables, broth, and pasta. Turn the heat up to high and let come to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer (I used medium heat) and cook until the noodles are tender. Remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut cream. In a small bowl, combine a quarter cup of broth from the pot with the miso paste. Stir until the paste dissolves, then add it to the pot. Taste and adjust salt and seasonings. Lemon or lime juice would be a terrific addition. Divide into bowls and enjoy!
- To make this gluten-free, use gluten-free pasta and check the miso paste ingredients.
- To make this soy-free, use soy-free chickpea or rice based miso paste.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 459Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8733mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 6gSugar: 42gProtein: 15g
Nutritional Information automatically calculated by a plugin and may not be correct.